Add to Technorati Favorites

computer search

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Kingston Data Traveler 2 GB USB Drive (DTI/2GB)

Kingston Data Traveler 2 GB USB Drive (DTI/2GB)

For the guy who posted above, there is no lanyard included with this flash drive.

I got this a couple days ago. Looking for something that could hold large files to let me switch from a laptop to desktop and back more easily (no more toting a whole external hard drive back and forth).

Other than cost (and this seems to be a good bargain), my other issue when looking at flash drives is speed (also I didn't want any of that U3 crud). I transferred a 490 MB file to the flash drive in just about 3 minutes. That's more than fast enough for me.

The flash drive has turned out to be a silver lining too. After I found out I would not be able to install Linux on my desktop, I found that I can actually install various Linux distros to the flash drive and boot from it instead (search for pen drive linux), with plenty of space still to spare.

No comments: