Add to Technorati Favorites

computer search

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

HP G62-340us 15.6-Inch Laptop PC - Up to 4 Hours of Battery Life (Charcoal)

HP G62-340us 15.6-Inch Laptop PC - Up to 4 Hours of Battery Life (Charcoal)

You need to understand where I'm coming from - my most recent computer was running a Pentium 4 with 512MB of RAM and an 80GB hard drive. That being said this computer is a significant step up, and I think it's great. I think it's also important to know what I'm using this computer for....I work in a hospital and use this to log on to the hospital system, use Microsoft Office, and surf the internet. For these applications this computer is perfect. I've had it for about 1 month and have had no issues. It does come loaded with a bunch of HP software which can be uninstalled so that's not a problem.

The battery is listed as 4 hrs...it probably doesn't last that long - I haven't officially timed the battery life but it's probably closer to 3 hrs. The case is plastic, the cold startup time is fast <30 sec, the wake from hibernate time is close to 3 seconds, the display is clear; the keyboard is easy to type on. The only thing that took me some time to get used to is the touchpad as it does not have any defined boundaries and the buttons are a little stiff. I seemed to have gotten use to both and for me they are minor issues.

I think the computer is ideal for any student or person who has similar tasks to the mine (listed above - probably the vast majority of people). I'm not a gamer and don't intend on using this for playing high intensity video games or doing a lot of photo/video/music editing. This computer is probably not suited for that type of work.

Overall I'm very happy with the product. I think for the money (paid $420 pretax) its hard to beat.

No comments: