Add to Technorati Favorites

computer search

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1

Windows Vista Home Premium with SP1

I thought I would write this review since a lot of people seem to be wondering if some games will work with vista. Just a short list of games I have played on Vista with no problems. All played great with no crashing problems installing problems or otherwise.

1.Half Life Orange Box
2.Far Cry (original version)
3.Stalker
4.The Witcher
5.Quake 4
6.Crysis
7.Oblivion IV
8.Planescape
9.Fear
10.Unreal Tournament 3 (gold / 2 / and original ut)
11.Alien vs Predator 2
12.Doom 3
13.Portal
I went from win 98 to the windows Vista so for me it has been an incredible improvement. I really like Vista and haven't had any problems worth mentioning. I wonder if people having problems with vista don't have systems strong enough to run it. (just a thought I really don't know).
I'm running an HP Media center w/ AMD 64x2 3000+ / EVGA Gforce 9600 oc / with 4 Gig ram. Sorry to here about all the people having problems with it we all know how frustrating a quirky computer can be but all in all I'm very happy with vista.
Added note: My Vista home premium came preinstalled when I purchased computer. I have always felt I would just be fooling myself to think I could put a system together that would be as good as one put together with the combined efforts of 1000's of very intelligent people. I give both Vista and HP 5 stars.

No comments: